SONEX AcouSTIC Foam Adhesive
AcouSTIC adhesive has been specially formulated to use with SONEX acoustical panels.
This non-toxic adhesive makes installation hassle-free and provides a strong, permanent
bond, with professional results, when adhering SONEX Panels to walls or ceilings.
- Available in water-based & solvent-based
- Easy clean-up with soap and water (water-based)
- Compatible with SONEX Panels in both polyurethane and
- Each 10.5 ounce tube installs up to 32 square feet of SONEX
- Available by the tube or in case quantities of 24 tubes per
- Tube fits standard caulking guns (also available)
Easy to use
SONEX AcouSTIC ensures professional, no-sag installation of foam panels to any vertical or
horizontal surface. Simply apply the adhesive to the back of the foam with applicator gun
and press into place.
- Make sure both the panels and the surface to which the panels
are being applied are dust and dirt-free. If adhering to a metal surface, use a
- Cut end of adhesive tube to produce a 1/4" bead.
- First apply a 1/4" line of adhesive around the perimeter
of the panel approximately 1" from the edge. If the adhesive is applied too close to
the edge, some will squeeze out when panels are pressed into place. If the adhesive is
more than 1" from the edge, the panels may not bond well to the surface.
- Next, apply a 1/4" bead of adhesive from opposite corners
through the center of the panel, creating an "X" (See drawing to the right.
Dotted line represents adhesive).
- Press panel into place and hold for five seconds. Then pull
panel away from the surface for one minute to allow adhesive to become tacky.
- Press the panel back into position and hold again for five
Note: Overhead installations may require additional
BACK to SONEX
Acoustical Foam Products